ICDM 2008 Data Mining Contest: Call for Proposals
The ICDM Data Mining Contest is an integral part of the IEEE-ICDM Conference.
IEEE-ICDM 2008 will take place in Pisa, Italy, Dec. 15-19, 2008.
With this call we invite proposals for the ICDM 2008 Data Mining Contest.
There is no specific format for the submissions, but in your submission please include the following information:
- Contact information of the person or team that will run the contest
- General description of the problem.
- Description of the dataset to be used.
- Description of the actual competition tasks.
- Evaluation measures.
The results of the contest will be presented in a special session during the conference, and a description of the challenge and articles from the winners will be included in the ICDM 2008 proceedings.
Regarding general guidelines for the contest submissions:
- (i) The dataset should be interesting, available, and sufficiently large.
- (ii) There should be at least three different tasks that participants can compete in.
- (iii) The tasks should be interesting and novel, but also accessible without too much domain specific knowledge.
- (iv) The evaluation metrics should be clear and easy to apply.
- (v) The contest will end in the begining of the fall as the camera ready version of the papers has to be ready by October 7th 2008 with results to be announced in the ICDM 2008 conference, so the data and the tasks should be announced beginning of the summer 2008.
- (vi) The deadline to express interest is March 31, 2008.
ICDM 2008 PC-Chairs